Skincare: Beauty from Within
The largest organ of the human body, although sometimes greatly overlooked and mismanaged is the skin. The skin can be a canvas for artistic expression or a reflection of the internal state of a person’s health. Blemishes, discolorations, and abnormal growths can all be indicative of significant health concerns. Here are a few tips to help maintain healthy skin:
- Avoid alcohols; alcohol based cleansers can dry out the skin, while excessive alcohol consumption affects internal organs which can be reflection in poor skin conditions.
- Avoid smoking; Smoking narrows blood vessels, depleting vital nutrients from entering your skin, which inevitable results in looser skin.
Limit direct sun exposure to prevent wrinkles and age spots
- Avoid face products with added fragrance or synthetic chemicals; natural/organic products work better with the skin
- Apply an SPF 15+ sunscreen; this protects from UVA and UVB sun rays, and do not neglect your skin in the winter season.
- Consider your Vitamin H intake; this vitamin, also known as biotin, promotes a natural glow and smoothness of the skin.
- Men’s skin tends to be much oilier and have larger pores than women’s. Regular deep cleaning and moisturizing after shaving greatly benefits the skin.
- Drink ample amounts of water: this keeps the body’s moisture rich organs( eyes, skin, mouth, nose) functioning well.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: cultivate healthy eating habits. what you put in your body can make your skin better or worse, you have only one body; Take care of it well.
As the saying goes, beauty starts from the inside, and you skin will definitely reflect it.