How Eyeliner, Kajal, and Other Makeup Can Harm You
Eyes are one of the most delicate and sensitive organs of the body and protecting them from harmful external factors is important. You may cover them with expensive shades when you step out but what about the cosmetics that you use to enhance their beauty? Can they cause damage to your eyes? How harmful are they and can their prolonged use lead to any eye problems later? Such questions need to be tackled before you apply the next coat of mascara or liner on your eyes.
- The first rule for eye make-up is to avoid sharing it with anyone, not even with your best friend or sister as it is easy to get bacterial infection from one person to the other.
- Avoid applying any form of cosmetic inside the eye or the inner lining especially if you wear contact lens.
- If you have an eye infection then do not apply any make-up as it will further irritate the eye and can also lead to more infection.
- Do not use cosmetics beyond their expiry date.
- Always remove any speck of make-up at the end of the day.
- Always cap the cosmetics after use to avoid any chance of infection.
- If the make-up or make-up remover irritates your eyes, just stop its use.
- Never apply eye make-up when you are in a vehicle as one bump is enough to poke your eye and cause serious damage.